Business Development Officer (Brazil)
Title: Business Development Officer (freelance position)
Starting: As soon as possible, starting in January/February
Location: Anywhere in Brazil
Required documents: Up-to-date Linkedin profile & Motivation Letter (max 1 A4)
Nature is at a point of no return. Today’s industrialized farming threatens our planet and humanity. It accounts for 1/4 of global greenhouse gas emissions, and is highly vulnerable to climate change. We need to change the system.
This is why reNature promotes, designs, and implements regenerative practices to bring nature back into agriculture, restore depleted land, improve the economic resilience of farmers, and tackle climate change.
reNature’s goal is to create regenerative agriculture systems at scale. To realize this, we collaborate with a growing number of farmers, communities, and organizations worldwide that want to drive the transition towards regenerative farming systems. reNature’s aim is to help them realize: net-positive impacts in environmental, social, and economic domains. We do this by bringing together the required resources, such as expert knowledge (farmers, scientists), funding, and off-takers, creating the conditions for success and scale.
What will you do?
You will join an international scale-up in the regenerative ecosystem that has embarked on a journey to be the best partner for corporates, institutions, and smallholder farmers when it comes to regenerative agriculture. reNature is a premium ‘profit-for-purpose’ brand. Our value comes from having a great understanding of client’s needs and delivering high-quality solutions with excellent delivery, all the while having impact in mind.
This is easily said, but not easily done.
As Business Development Officer, you will support reNature in building strong client relationships and signing deals with a focus on Brazil/Latin America. Since we as reNature are in high demand, our primary focus (~90%) is on inbound sales and lenient requests, meaning the main task is to engage with potential clients, set up meetings, create proposals, and follow up to close the deal. You will work with Felipe (Chief Impact Officer), based in Rio de Janeiro and Julien (Head of Business Development), based in Amsterdam.
You might be spending the morning with Felipe having calls with large corporates that he brings in, and then follow up with Julien on the next steps; just before lunch, you are in a meeting going through all deals with Julien. In the afternoon, you will improve a proposal for another corporate to start a regenerative farm in Brazil. Your role is to support Julien with structuring and following up on the large volume of potential client leads in Brazil/Latam, making proposals and closing these deals.
As Felipe is the face of reNature, and his time is in high demand, you will play a key role in making sure that he is free to pursue new leads and initiatives. This dynamic and exciting role includes:
- Following up with potential leads from the sales funnel on Hubspot;
- Checking LinkedIn messages for (business) opportunities, and follow up in Felipe’s name;
- Acting as the contact person of Brazilian key accounts in case Felipe is unavailable;
- Structuring his agenda and prioritizing incoming requests and opportunities;
- Joining as Feipe’s right-hand during events/conferences in Brazil, organizing follow-ups of relevant contacts; and
- Supporting in practical admin work such as cost declarations, interactions with the bank, or booking flights & accommodation.
A day will never be the same, and this is a huge opportunity to see all ins and outs of business development for regenerative projects.
You will be under direct guidance from Julien, Head of Business Development, combining several roles within the sales team:
- 40% of your time is dedicated to Sales Admin:
- Drafting proposals based on client needs,
- Assisting with keeping an overview of all deals by regularly checking the CRM system and the Asana board;
- Improving the standardisation of proposals;
- 25% of your time is dedicated to Sales Meetings;
- Preparing meetings by creating a summary of the client needs, the attendees and the overall context,
- Execute meetings together with Felipe and Julien, taking notes which can be used once a proposal needs to be made
- 25% of your time is dedicated to Felipe’s Admin;
- Checking his LinkedIn messages inbox;
- Structure his agenda and set priorities;
- Do some practical work required ad-hoc;
- 10% of your time is dedicated to Market Development;
- Improve our current buyer persona in Brazil;
- Create a list of potential leads in Brazil that we can chase.
- Create a list of competitors, their USP’s and their pricing.
- Have the passion for doing everything in your power to close deals,
- Have a commercial mindset,
- Have to some extent knowledge/technical background in regenerative agriculture,
- Get excited about new opportunities,
- Love to organize processes in the most efficient and precise way;
- Is accountable and take ownership;
- Care about making an impact;
And you have:
- A relevant educational background in a field within International Business (development), International Relations, or other
- Experience working with online tools for communication and remote work (Google suite, Zoom, Slack); experience with task & project management tools is a plus (Asana, Hubspot).
- Interested in sustainable/regenerative agriculture (e.g. agroecology, agroforestry, silvopasture, permaculture techniques).
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to handle the planning & execution of multiple priorities at the same time.
- Structured, solution-focused, mentally flexible, creative.
- Proactive; you need to be able to identify what you need to complete your work, ask what you need from others, and work ahead to avoid potential bottlenecks.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is a must.
- Previous experience, for example, in business development, sales, or another experience where you interact with people.
- Experience with proofreading/drafting business proposals is a plus.
- We have a preference for applications without a thesis-writing component.
And we offer you:
- An organization that values impact, diversity and equality above everything else.
- A flexible working environment.
- A young and diverse team of impact-driven individuals;
- An organization at the forefront of the regenerative transition of agriculture;
- A team with an international presence and ambition;
- A team that cares more about your experience, personality, and mindset than your CV;
- Welcoming feedback and improvements to make your working with us more enjoyable and effective;
- A shared love for what we do.
- Grow potential in a full-time role
Do you see yourself in the text above?
reNature is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity as well as fostering an inclusive working environment. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Have you got what it takes? We are looking forward to receiving your application!