Latam Senior Project Manager
Starting: October (earlier is possible)
Location: São Paulo/Rio de Janeiro
Required documents: Up-to-date Linkedin profile & Motivation Letter (max 1 A4)
Can you think from the perspective of both farmers and corporate sustainability managers? Do you get a kick from finding the sweet spot between positive impact, profitability, and scalability? And do you have a talent for using your experience to help more junior colleagues be at their best? Then you might be the next addition to our growing team!
reNature’s goal is to create regenerative agriculture systems at scale. To realize this, we collaborate with a growing number of farmers, communities, and organizations worldwide that want to drive the transition towards regenerative farming systems. reNature’s aim is to help them realize net-positive impacts in environmental, social, and economic domains. We do this by bringing together the required resources, such as expert knowledge (farmers, scientists), funding, and off-takers, creating the conditions for success and scale.
Our organization is becoming more and more decentralized; working with local teams that have a true understanding of the local context, ecosystem, and the reality of farmers. Brazil is currently one of our biggest growth markets and we require an experienced project manager to help us manage the ever growing portfolio of Brazilian and LatAm projects, build relationships with clients, and coordinate the work of other local Project Managers.
For this, we are looking for a flexible senior project manager that can work with us to deliver reNature quality. You will work with a team of driven, proactive, and independent people–in the headquarters in Amsterdam as well as in Brazil. You will find we like to think in creative solutions and opportunities, and have a strong sense of conducting business ethically. And whilst we work hard, we have fun and love doing what we do.
Demonstrable experience in Project Management and fluency in Portuguese & English are required.
We strongly encourage female candidates to apply!
So what are we looking for?
- Care about making the world a better place, lead by example, and inspire others to act;
- Are great at spotting challenges, because you love finding solutions;
- Enjoy a good discussion, but always keep it respectful, whether talking with a farmer, client, or team member;
- Enjoy the entrepreneurial and flexible mindset that comes with being a freelancer in Brazil;
- Care more about your experience, personality, and mindset than we do about your CV;
- Welcome feedback and improvements to make your working with us more enjoyable and effective;
- Would like your help in building an effective and coherent reNature team in Brazil;
- You’re a registered freelancer in Brazil;
- You’re available at a minimum of 24 hours/week, with the willingness to grow to a full-time assignment (36-40hrs);
- You are located in the Rio de Janeiro/São Paulo region, to work closely with Founder & CVO Felipe Villela;
- Starting with a 6 month initial engagement, but looking to continue indefinitely;
- Ability to travel to project location when required (remunerated);
- Remuneration according to market standards for freelance project managers.
Prerequisites for the position:
- Demonstrable experience in Project Coordination (6+ years) related to sustainable agriculture, conservation, community-led initiatives, social impact or lively income;
- Fluency (native is preferred) in Portuguese (both spoken and written);
- Experience working with online tools for communication, remote work, and project management;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Having a qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline such as Natural Resource Management, Agronomy, Biology, Forestry, Agroforestry, Agribusiness, Rural Development, Community development;
- Experienced in developing and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Business proficiency in English (both spoken and written);
- Affinity with leading and coaching teams;
- Good communication skills, able to build effective relationships in multicultural environments, and act as an intermediary between Dutch and Brazilian cultures;
- Proactive in providing project updates and establishing a meeting ‘rhythm’;
- Having experience with business development and relationship building, in a relevant sector;.
- Affinity with regenerative agriculture (e.g. agroecology, agroforestry, silvopasture, permaculture techniques);
- Structured, solution focused, mentally flexible, able to identify process bottlenecks, and ask for support proactively.
Desirable traits for the position:
- Experience with (smallholder) farmers and in a rural setting (direct field-level experience is not required);
- Understanding the realities of disenfranchised groups (including LGBTQI+, women, indigenous communities, youth);
- Speaking relevant local dialects;
- Having a network amongst farmers and other stakeholders in the food chain in the region/country of interest.
- Knowledge or experience in handling carbon certification, ecosystem services evaluation, or impact monetization
On the role itself:
In this position you need to combine project management, people management, and business development skills; taking on responsibility for the LatAm portfolio together with Founder & CVO Felipe and the LatAm team, and reporting directly to COO Guus to ensure projects run smoothly and communication between local project managers, partners, stakeholders, and the reNature team in Amsterdam is clear and quick.
We expect you to take responsibility for a variety of roles, which we will finetune together with you to build on your strengths and experience. The position is envisioned to have equal focus on: daily project management; quality management and coordination of local project managers and subcontractors; strengthening existing client relationships, and; supporting new business development.
Project management includes daily contact with project partners (from farmers to executives), monitoring project progress, maintaining and forecasting the (financial) planning, supporting the reNature team in building strong & positive relationships with project stakeholders, developing and ensuring quality of deliverables, and proactive communication on project performance. We expect you to perform this role with proactiveness, positive energy, structure, and attention to detail.
Quality management includes consolidating and upgrading our company’s templates, processes, and risk management, and helping colleagues and partners to deliver high quality results in the LatAm context.
Business development includes leading or supporting meetings with farmers, corporates, donors, and investors, and deploying your network to scout business opportunities. We expect you to develop a knack for seeing real opportunities that can become reality soon, follow up structurally and with sustained effort, and ensure projects stay close to the company’s desired impact and business targets.
We’re a flexible organization that relies heavily on digital tools and continuous improvement of our way of working (by all team members). Throughout your work, you will need to be flexible and comfortable with uncertainty and newness, and proactively provide structure or ask for support where needed.
Affinity with regenerative agriculture from the field will be greatly valued for this position; as is the ability to understand the realities of farmers & communities, disenfranchised groups, and the different farmer archetypes from rural subsistence to large-scale mechanized farming.
Do you see yourself in the text above, and are you excited to apply for this creative and exciting position? Then please fill in our Typeform to apply.
reNature is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity as well as fostering an inclusive working environment. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Have you got what it takes? We are looking forward to receiving your application.