Full-time Position “Sales Manager”
Period: Full-time (+32 hours a week)
Full Job Description
As reNature’s Sales Manager, together with the Management Team (MT), you will build and structure the Sales Department in a growing startup with an international and entrepreneurial vibe, creating a positive environmental, social, and economic impact. You will be the main contact person for sales related questions both from the reNature team and its clients. You will play a key role in setting up a global and highly ambitious Sales strategy; performance tracking; and you will work closely with Portfolio managers on realizing a region-specific sales approach, building a network & nurturing leads, and effective conversion to concrete projects. The Sales Manager works alongside and reports directly to the MT. You are responsible for helping reNature achieve its ambitious growth & sales targets by successfully building and managing the sales team, designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and sales funnel, and ensuring its strong presence in the field.
reNature believes nature and agriculture can cooperate instead of compete. reNature also believes that farmers and local communities across the globe deserve a long-term profitable future. That’s why reNature focuses on Regenerative Agriculture, an agricultural system with three impact fields:
● Environmental impact: increase in soil carbon, biodiversity, water storage and forests preservation;
● Social impact: food security and sovereignty, next gen farmers motivation, rural development and women empowerment; and
● Economic impact: less external input costs, different income streams due to diversification as well as potentially yield increase.
With an international team based in Amsterdam and Brazil, reNature builds model farms and model schools on all scales and all around the globe. reNature’s goal is to regenerate 1 million hectares of land worldwide and ensure food security for over 10 million farmers & communities by 2030.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be expected to:
- Achieve sales growth and successfully set individual sales targets with the sales team;
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures it’s strong presence in the market;
- Manage the recruitment, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives;
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with, and understanding the needs of, frontrunners and late-adopters alike;
- Track sales, revenue and expenses and prepare reports and realistic forecasts to present to the management team;
- Identify market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status;
- Coordinate with the marketing team on lead generation;
- Ensure ongoing motivation, training, and guidance of the sales team;
- Promote the organization and its products externally; and
- Understand reNature’s ideal customers and how they relate to its products
Our ideal candidate has experience in driving sales in a new and highly competitive market; will have a business administration background or other relevant education; and is comfortable taking accountability. Furthermore, you can clearly show that you have:
- Successful experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets;
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the business needs, services and products;
- Affinity with sales in agricultural sectors is preferential;
- Drive for continuous improvement of their own knowledge & skills and that of the team, through workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Experience in customer relationship management;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close;
- Strong business sense and industry expertise;
- Strong communication skills; persuasive and fluent; and
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
You can show us that you are:
- analytical and inquisitive;
- confident of your sales skills to sell services/products;
- persuasive and comfortable in engaging with Corporates and Investors, and clients with different motivations and goals;
- passionate about shaping a process and a team in a startup environment;
- able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment in guiding them;
- must be inspired by a shared vision;
- cool under pressure, organized, and relentless where it comes to delivering quality outcomes;
- an enthusiastic and authentic addition to our team, that doesn’t shy away from a game of ping-pong.
- The opportunity to join a young scale up and contribute to further growing the company;
- Working with an energetic and young, yet highly driven and professional team;
- Collaboration with a diverse Management Team, focused on supporting your personal and professional growth; and
- A vibrant office space located in Amsterdam Houthavens
The duration of the contract will be 1 year with the intention to extend to a permanent contract.
Please apply using the following link.
reNature is committed to diversity as well as fostering an inclusive working environment. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.