Sales Officer (intern)
Period: 6 months
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact point: Julien Winkel
Vacancy opening date: 8 December 2022
Vacancy closing date: 22 December 2022
Required documents: Linkedin profile, CV and motivation letter (max. one A4)
Nature is at a point of no return. Today’s industrialized farming threatens our planet and humanity. It accounts for 1/4 of global greenhouse gas emissions, and is highly vulnerable to climate change. We need to change the system.
This is why reNature promotes, designs, and implements regenerative practices to bring nature back into agriculture, restore depleted land, improve the economic resilience of farmers, and tackle climate change. You can be a part of this.
reNature’s goal is to create regenerative agriculture systems at scale. To realize this, we collaborate with a growing number of farmers, communities, and organizations worldwide that want to drive the transition towards regenerative farming systems. reNature’s aim is to help them realize: net-positive impacts in environmental, social, and economic domains. We do this by bringing together the required resources, such as expert knowledge (farmers, scientists), funding, and off-takers, creating the conditions for success and scale.
So what are we looking for?
You will join an international scale-up in the regenerative ecosystem that has embarked on a journey to be the best partner for corporates, institutions, and smallholder farmers when it comes to regenerative agriculture. reNature is a premium ‘profit-for-purpose’ brand. Our value comes from having a great understanding of client’s needs and delivering high-quality solutions with excellent delivery, all the while having impact in mind.
This is easily said, but not easily done.
As a Sales Officer, you help the sales team to do everything in your power to sign deals with potential clients. Since we as reNature are in high demand, our primary focus (~90%) is on inbound sales meaning the main task is to meet with potential clients, create proposals and close the deal. You will work intensely with Felipe (Co-Founder) and Julien (Head of Business Development).
You might be spending the morning having calls with Adidas; just before lunch, you are in a meeting going through all deals with Julien. In the afternoon, you will improve a proposal for Unilever to start a regenerative farm in Kenya.
A day will never be the same, and this is a huge opportunity to see all ins and outs of business development for regenerative projects.
You will be under direct guidance from Julien, Head of Business Development, combining several roles within the sales team:
- 50% of your time is dedicated to Sales Admin:
- Drafting proposals based on client needs,
- Assisting with keeping an overview of all deals by regularly checking the CRM system and the Asana board;
- Improving the standardisation of proposals;
- 25% of your time is dedicated to Sales Meetings;
- Preparing meetings by creating a summary of the client needs, the attendees and the overall context,
- Execute meetings together with Felipe and Julien, taking notes which can be used once a proposal needs to be made
- 25% of your time is dedicated to Market Development;
- Improve our current buyer persona;
- Create a list of potential leads we can chase.
- Create a list of competitors, their USP’s and their pricing.
- Have the passion for doing everything in your power to close deals,
- Have a commercial mindset,
- Get excited about new opportunities,
- Love to organize processes in the most efficient and precise way;
- “Are assertive and take ownership;
- Care about making an impact;
And you have:
- A relevant educational background equivalent to a degree in a field within International Business (development) / Sales or Agroecology
- Experience working with online tools for communication and remote work (Google suite, Zoom, Slack); experience with task & project management tools is a plus (Asana, Hubspot);
- Interested in sustainable/regenerative agriculture (e.g. agroecology, agroforestry, silvopasture, permaculture techniques);
- Strong organizational and time management skills, being able to handle the planning & execution of multiple priorities at the same time;
- Structured, solution-focused, mentally flexible, creative;
- Proactive; you need to be able to identify what you need to complete your work, ask what you need from others, and work ahead to avoid potential bottlenecks.
- Fluent in English. Portuguese and French are a plus.
- Previous (internship) experience, for example, in business development, sales, or another experience where you interact with people. Street vendor, Pepperminds, hospitality? Love it!
- Experience with proofreading/drafting business proposals is a plus.
- Residence near Amsterdam (or Brasilia, Brazil), and love to work in the office several days per week.
- A valid working visa or equivalent. reNature is currently not able to sponsor visa application processes.
- We have a preference for applications without a thesis-writing component.
And we offer you:
- An organization that values impact, diversity and equality above everything else.
- A flexible working environment.
- A young and diverse team of impact-driven individuals;
- An organization at the forefront of the regenerative transition of agriculture;
- A team with an international presence and ambition;
- A team that cares more about your experience, personality, and mindset than your CV;
- Welcoming feedback and improvements to make your working with us more enjoyable and effective;
- A shared love for what we do.
- A pingpong table, gym, and yoga room, among other things, in our office.
- Grow potential in a full time role
Do you see yourself in the text above, and are you excited to apply for this creative and exciting position? Then please fill in our Typeform (https://renature.typeform.com/salesintern) to apply and write “I am ready for the challenge” in your second answer”.
reNature is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity as well as fostering an inclusive working environment. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.