reNature Logo
hero background mask

Açaí

Found on açaí palm trees in rainforests, açaí berries are a lot like grapes. The seed takes up about 80% of the berry, but the flesh and skin pack plenty of vitamins and other nutrients in the remaining 20%.

It is a species of palm (family Arecaceae) cultivated for both its fruit and edible hearts of palm. Native to tropical South and Central America, acai palms are common along the Amazon River estuary and are cultivated on floodplains, especially in the state of Pará in Brazil. The plant has long been valued commercially for its high-quality hearts of palm, and its fruits, touted as a superfood, grew in popularity worldwide in the early 21st century.



Projects in commodity

Articles in commodity

What do Regenerative Farmers need exactly?

At reNature, we constantly work to help farmers transition to regenerative agriculture. When pitching regen ag to corporates, a few standard questions reoccur w...
Read more

reNature generates first Agroforestry carbon credits in Brazil with Rabobank

Through a new carbon marketplace by the Dutch bank Rabobank called Acorn, reNature, in partnership with a Brazilian cooperative of farmers called Cooperative Ag...
Read more

Teams relating to commodity

Partners relating to commodity